Friday, March 14, 2008

The Latest News From The Kettelkamp's

Christmas morning. Jay's first in America.


On our way to the wedding of a dear friend.


Jay enjoying a wedding cupcake at his first American wedding.


Sophia and her cousin Ryan on the dance floor.


Christopher, my sister, Staci and my mom, Helen.

Well, the New Year's resolution to blog more is out the window. I'm not sure where my days go. I started a new job the first of the year and it seems the last thing I want to do these days is be on my computer. Checking my e-mail is even a challenge for me.

So, with that said, here is the latest Kettelkamp news. We recently found out that we are moving. This summer we will be on our way to Springfield, Missouri. Alan has accepted a position as director of the cardiac cath lab at Cox Hospital. The best part about this job is that he will be home most evenings. The worst part is that we will be leaving a great church, two wonderful schools, and some of the best friends we could ever hope to have. It is definitely bittersweet. Alan will begin his new position on March 31st and the kids and I will move there once the house sells and school is out. Please join us in praying for the house to sell quickly. The market really isn't the best right now for selling, but we truly believe that God has all of that planned and under control.

Jay is currently scheduled for two surgeries. He will be getting tubes in his ears and having his adenoids removed in May. Because of constant ear infections and fluid in his ear his ENT doctor thought that would be the best route for him. He also has some hearing loss in his right ear that they are going to monitor. He is also on the wait list at Shriner's Children's Hospital in Cincinnati to have his lip repaired. That will happen in April or May. The facility there is amazing. Alan's father and I took Jay for his initial appointment and were blown away by the care and attention that we received. He will be in the best hands there.

School is going well for everyone and we are deeply involved in Upward basketball and cheer leading right now. I'll try and post some pictures of that soon. And I'll try to make it sooner than later. :0)

3 comments:

S and K said...

Finally!!!!

The pictures are gorgeous! Such a blessing to see your family together!
Jay looks like he is settling in very well!

Congratulations, and I am so sorry, that you are moving! I understand the bittersweet in that! We move often being in the Navy! That's great news about the job!

Blessings to you all!
Katy

Brenda said...

The sadness in my heart is overwhelming at the thought of my best friend moving 6 hours away. However, on the other hand, I am so happy that your family will be able to be together every night. It will be wonderful for you and the kids to have Alan home with you every night. I will miss you greatly. You truly are the best friend I have ever had. Jay is such a lucky little boy to have such wonderful parents. I know that God is in control and has an awesome plan for your family. I love you all.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.