Monday, July 30, 2007

There's not much new to report from the Kettelkamp household. The kids and I spent every evening last week at vacation bible school. The theme this year was "Avalanche Ranch". The kids learned that God is real, God is strong, God is with us, God is Awesome and that God is in charge. WooHoo!!! Close to 500 kiddos attended. It was a fun and tiring week. You could feel the excitement in the air. To add to all of that fun over $4,ooo was collected throughout the week for World Vision!! The final night we celebrated with a petting zoo, a hay maze, pony rides, a hay ride, and hot dogs! You can't beat that and the kids had a blast.

We are still waiting on our I-171H. We've heard nothing. UGH! I did e-mail Senator Obama's office again about expediting our paperwork last Friday. I'm still waiting to hear back from his office. Please keep praying for speedy paperwork processing.

We took the kids to the drive-in this weekend and saw Evan Almighty. There is a scene in the move that I loved. God (Morgan Freeman) is talking to Evan's wife about something that she had previously asked God for. She had asked God to help her family become closer. God asks her if someone asks for patience, does God give them patience or does he give them opportunities to be patient? If someone asks for courage, does God give them courage or does he give them opportunities to be courageous? If someone wants their family to be closer, does God make them closer or does he give them opportunities to be closer? I think that God is giving me the opportunity to be patient. I am waiting and I know that God is going to do something bigger than I could have ever imagined!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Very true. . .I think we are ALL being given the chance to learn patience. The thing that I didn't think "Evan" portrayed was that we don't have to learn it on our own or accomplish it through our own strength! Thankfully, we have a God who will help us the whole way!!

Love you,
Brandi