Monday, August 6, 2007

I-171H Arrives Today!!!

It is with great excitement and thanksgiving that I announce that our I-171H arrived in the mail today!!! I am ecstatic beyond belief. It is so wonderful when major steps are made toward Kenneth. Thank you all for lifting this up in prayer. We are getting closer to Africa and our child!!!

We now have to get I-171H approval from the state of Illinois. This will take about two weeks after they have received our copy of the approval which is submitted by our social worker. She called me on Friday to let us know that she will be out of town for two weeks and that there is no one familiar with her cases to handle anything that may happen while she is gone. She did elude to the fact that she may be in and out during those two weeks, so I am going to try to contact her to see if she can give this some attention even though she is "gone". We are also still waiting on our foster care license to arrive. We have no idea when this will come. Please pray that it is soon.

I know that all of this is in God's timing and that he sees the big picture. I am doing my best and continually asking him to help me to trust him with it all.

In addition, I would like to request your immediate prayers for some changes that have occurred with the Liberian end of this. There is a new person in the position of issuing visas at the U.S. embassy in Liberia. This person has recently made the decision to only allow 3-4 visas to be issued only on Thursdays for the entire country. This will greatly slow up the process for children waiting to be adopted. Please consider fasting and praying for positive changes to take place in regards to the visa process and also pray for the person (I don't know her name) in charge of this process to have a change of heart in order for orphaned children to be united with their forever families sooner. Also pray for a meeting that is going to take place between Patty Anglin (AOH founder) and this person in the near future. I know without a doubt that prayers can move even the biggest mountain.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Praise God. Lori I am so happy for you. I know this was such a burden on your heart. God is GOOD! We will pray for speedy paperwork and anything else. Once again you are an inspiration to me and so many others.

Your Friend,
Dawn Hauer

Brandi said...

Yeah, Lori!!! I'm so excited for you! Now go frame that baby!

Love ya,
Brandi

Brenda said...

Yey!!!

God, I pray right now that you would open the woman's heart and eyes to see the need to speed along the approval of visas so these children who are waiting can go home. I also pray that you would put a desire in the social worker's heart to do everything she needs to do on her end to get Kenneth home ASAP. I pray for your timing and your will. Please wrap your arms around Alan & Lori as they are waiting anxiously and anticipating bringing home their son. Please keep Kenneth safe and healthy as he is waiting to come home.