Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tickets are booked!


Today I booked our tickets for our trip to and from Africa. We will leave 14 days from today! I still can't believe it. We will fly out of Chicago have a short layover in New York. In New York we will meet up with another AOH family who is traveling the same week that we are. I'm so excited that the Alonso's will be on this journey with us. Not only has this journey brought us a new child, but it has allowed us to develop lifetime relationships with other families. I consider it one of the perks of the adoption. We will then leave JFK and arrive in Brussels the following morning. We are going to spend two days in Brussels to do some sightseeing, maybe a train trip to Paris, and get rested for the rest of the trip. On September 16 we leave for Monrovia. We should arrive there that evening.


We are scheduled to leave Monrovia to come home on September 21st. We will have a short layover in Brussels. Then on to NY and then to Chicago. I know that none of this is written in stone and we have prepared ourselves as much as we can for the unexpected. Our prayer of course, is that all will go smoothly.
The kids are getting excited. They are planning a welcome home party with grandma who will be taking care of them while we are gone. They're talking cupcakes, streamers and balloons. It brings me so much joy to see their enthusiasm. I know that we will all be exhausted when we get back, but I can't imagine how glad we will be to see their smiling faces when we return. What a day it will be!


1 comment:

Brandi said...

Lori, I'm crying just thinking about it! I can't wait to see pictures of Kenneth's coming home party! That is a moment I can't wait for, to step off the plane and see all of the people who already love my son!

OOoooooh, I'm getting so excited for you!

Bran