Monday, September 17, 2007

Rain, Rain Go Away...

Here's the latest from Liberia...First of all it has been raining non-stop. I'm not talking just a drizzle, it's pouring. I don't know where all of it goes.

Second, we met with Charles today to go over all of our paperwork. It went fine. We have our embassy appointment tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m. Liberian time. That will be at 4:30 a.m. central time. Please pray that it all goes smoothly.

Third, and most important, we still haven't gotten Kenneth. I spoke with Patty at the AOH office this morning and she said that we will get him tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know with photos of course.

Oh, we got to hold some amazing babies at the special needs room across from the guest house. They are so sweet. What fun it is to see these amazing children. I know that God has some big plans for them.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Alan & Lori, we are praying for you and so excited that you are finally there. I imagine it must be so difficult to be so close but still not with him. It will happen soon. Know that you are loved and being prayed for. We cannot wait for your return with you new son.
Love you!
Brenda

Brandi said...

Thanks for the posts! You're doing a great job updating us!!!! How fun holding the special babies today!! I know you snuggled them for their mamas and prayed over their little bodies!

I start my class at the gym right at 5:30 est, so I will remember to be praying for you the whole time I'm working out! I can't wait for you to meet your little man. What a faithful God we serve. "Gotcha Days" always make me cry and praise HIM!!!

Love you,
Brandi

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

I just tracked down your blog. We are so happy for you! We are praying that all goes smooth with the visa appointment. We love to see posts of families in Liberia. That is just fantastic!!!
Kami & Jeremy (an AoH family)

S and K said...

Praying for your meeting tomorrow!

Please snuggle Handful for me and kiss her little cheek!

Thanks for taking our papers!

Love,
Katy

Dawn said...

Hi
I just saw Brenda and church and we are both waiting for the word you have met your son. We can't wait to hear from you and see pictures with your son. Praying it will be soon.

Much Love,
Dawn

Dono & Laurie said...

YAY! can't wait to hear the update of you guys united with Kenneth! I'm praying now for your visa appointment~ This is the BIG day!
Love,
Laurie