Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Today We Touched Our Son!

Okay, I've tried to post photos 5 times and it just won't work, but I wanted to let you all know about our big day. I'll keep working on it.

It was amazing. Patty told us that she would bring Jayswen (Kenneth. He prefers Jayswen or Jay so that is what it will be) over early so that we would be able to get acquainted with him before our embassy appointment. We were ready to go at 7:30 a.m. Due to traffic they didn't arrive until 9:00 a.m.

Jayswen was very shy and wasn't sure what to do, but he was very brave and sweet about the whole thing and he even gave both of us a hug. We spent about ten minutes together and then got him dressed for the embassy.

Once at the embassy we waited a little over an hour in an air conditioned waiting room. (Oh, the luxury.) We walked through a door, stood at a window and Alma asked us a few questions and checked that all of our paperwork was all in order. The whole thing took 5 minutes at the most. It was pretty painless. Thanks for all of your prayers...they were felt by us.

We then came back to the guest house, had lunch and then headed to the market to pick up some mementos. We purchased a large drum, some ebony statues, a hammock, and some African clothes. We had fun doing that with Jayswen. The market place was packed and full of many different merchants.

Jayswen has been very quiet and is slowly coming out of his shell. It's been a huge day for him and he's been very good for all that he's had to deal with today. We played soccer, blew bubbles, read books and watched a movie. I can't even put into words what it feels like to hold him, to touch him, to see him smile and to hear him laugh. For all of you who are waiting for your children to come home...it is all so worth it.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

Praise God!!!!! I have been checking this all afternoon. I can only imagine how it must have felt to finally see and touch your son. God Bless, enjoy your time together and know we will still be rejoicing and praying with you and for you. We love you all and can't wait to meet Jay.

Love and Hugs,
Dawn

Jamie said...

Tears!!! I'm so happy for you, and I so appreciate the details you've shared! I can't wait for my turn!!! (Probably in the next two months.) I look forward to reading your next installment, and seeing pics, of course!
Love,
Jamie Z.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for all of you!!! Lvoe ,dEnise

Brandi said...

Thank you Jesus! Yes, I'm crying too! I'm so happy for you guys and amazed at the faithfulness of God to bring it to pass.

Love ya and can't wait for more,
Brandi

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I cannot wait to see pictures (and even better, to meet Jay!) Congratulations! Give Jay a high five for me!

Love,

"Shanny"

Dono & Laurie said...

YAY! I'm so happy for all of you! Congrats!
Love~
Laurie
Looking forward to those pictures!

Heart4Adoption said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting to hear that you are there and actually with him! Tanya E.

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

YAHOO!! This is a story of hope and success! Thank the Lord.

S and K said...

Praise God indeed.
I am crying! I also cannot wait to be in your shoes.
Can't wait for some updates once you're home with the rest of the kiddos!
Love,
Katy

Blu and Darbi said...

How amazing for you!! Praise God! Looking forward to pics!

Love,
Darbi

Donna Barber said...

Congratulations once again. Cant wait to hear more. I remember meeting him a year ago. He had street smarts back then. I thought he had a strong spirit which he needs to over come. You are a wonderful family for him!

Brandi said...

Ok, time to post again! You're killing us!!! We need more details on Kenneth, Liberia and how you are doing as well as just about anything else you want to tell us!

Bran