Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We Leave Tomorrow!!




The day has finally arrived. Alan and I will board a plane tomorrow to go get our son. Actually, its more like three, but whose counting? It's still hard to believe that we are going. I'm finishing the last of my packing today while the kids are in school. They are so excited about having Kenneth home. I love their enthusiasm. We've had to prepare them to now overwhelm Kenneth when he gets here. There is so much that they want to share with him. They keep asking me what he will sound like. Clay tries to imitate his voice. I have a feeling that we will all be speaking Liberian English soon.
I'm looking forward to our trip and what lies ahead. I will miss the kids tremendously. I know that the two highlights of this journey for me will be when I hold Kenneth for the first time and when our entire family is reunited. The joy and the tears will be there for both moments.
Blessings to you all and I will do my best to blog from Africa.




4 comments:

S and K said...

Wooohooo! So excited for you! We are praying for your journey and your unification! What a incredible time this will be for you. And did I read earlier that you will celebrate anniversary #15 while there? Congrats!
Blessings on your journey,
Katy

I will be checking your blog regularly so I hope you are able to post!

Blu and Darbi said...

So excited for you!! We'll be praying for you all the way! Can't wait to hear more!

Love,
Darbi
www.tidwelladoption.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

OOOOOH, I'm SO excited for you!!!!! Please take good pictures of your first meeting with Kenneth!!

LOve you and will be praying for you,
Brandi

International Mommy said...

See You Soon!!


Love,
Charity (via Ohaire airport)