Friday, September 14, 2007

We're In Brussels!

Here we are in Chicago waiting for our flight to NYC.






Bonjour! We have arrived in Brussels. We got here around 7:00 a.m. on Friday. That was 12:00 a.m. central. We had been up and going since 3:00 a.m. and neither of us were able to sleep on the flight over here from New York. Needless to say, we were both exhausted.

We were able to get into our room at 10:30 a.m. While we were waiting we walked around a bit and grabbed a bite to eat. We slept for several hours and then took a ten minute walk to the Grand Place to see some incredible architecture and have some dinner. We also were able to enjoy some amazing Belgium waffles with cream and chocolate. YUM!!

We will be spending the day in Brussels tomorrow. We will be heading to Liberia on Sunday. I will post more soon.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

I am so jealous. I would love to travel and see such incredible sights. Enjoy your time together. Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Saw your family at the weiner roast. Have fun and know we are praying for you.
Love,
Dawn

S and K said...

Just looking at your faces filled me with the excitement I know you must be feeling. I have butterflies in my stomach thinking of how close you are to holding your son and bringing him home.
Praying for you!
Love,
Katy

Jamie said...

Wow! Look at those waffles!!! You're almost there! Can't wait to ready your upcoming blog posts!!!!!
Love,
Jamie Z. (in Oregon; Baby Micah's Mom)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you're having a great time! I hope you're able to get a little bit of rest before the venture to Liberia! I'm glad you're keeping up on posting! Tell Alan I said "Hey!"

"Shanny"

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

How did you get a waffle in Brussels I searched and didn't find one!

-Jocelyn